White cards (CIC)

A white card (or general construction induction card) is required for workers who want to carry out construction work.

People who need a white card include:

  • site managers, supervisors, surveyors, labourers and tradespeople
  • people who access operational construction zones (unaccompanied or not directly supervised by an inducted person)
  • workers whose employment causes them to routinely enter operational construction zones.

The white card becomes void if you haven't carried out construction work for two consecutive years or more.

Interstate cards

Construction workers can work in NSW using construction induction cards issued by other states and territories. See this fact sheet for more information.

Eligibility criteria

You must first complete general construction induction training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).

Use our online search to find a white card trainer in your area.

You will need to provide the trainer with 100 points of ID and the course fee is set independently by the RTO.

A person must be at least 14 years of age to participate in the training.

Application process

The RTO will have the application forms you need for a new card and will submit them to us when you have completed the training.

The RTO will also give you a statement that you can use to prove you have completed the training until your new card arrives. The statement is valid for 60 days but most cards are issued in less than 30 days. If you don't receive you card give us a call on 13 10 50.

Further information

Replacing a white card

Your white card can be replaced online as long as your details have not changed (using Mastercard or Visa only).

You will need to enter the details exactly as they appear on your construction induction card.

Alternatively you can complete an application form.

Please note: if your card contains errors please contact us on 13 10 50 or complete the application form.

Change of address or contact details

If you know your licence number you can check and update your address or contact details by completing an update contact details request.

Alternatively, you can complete the licence enquiry form or change of details form.

Change of name

If you have changed your name complete the change of details form and send it to us by: