Carcinogenic substances notification

Before any restricted carcinogens are used, handled or stored, you must apply in writing for authorisation from us.

Restricted carcinogens are listed in schedule 10 of the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2017.

It is the responsibility of the business or employer (or other PCBU) to ensure the application is made correctly and that authorisation is obtained before any restricted or prohibited carcinogen is used, stored or handled.

Complete the application form and send it to the chemicals team by:

You can also lodge your;written application;at any of our offices.

An authorisation to use, handle or store a prohibited or restricted carcinogens does not incur a fee.

If notification of continuing work with a carcinogen in accordance with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation 2001 has been provided within the last;five years, authorisation is not required until the five years expires.

More information about carcinogen authorisations is available in our applicants guide or by calling 13 10 50.